SAN FRANCISCO, June 30, 2021 — The global companion animal ear infection treatment market size is expected to reach USD 877.3 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.56% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing prevalence of ear infections in companion animals is one of the factors responsible for the market growth. An ear infection is a second-most common condition in canines. Otitis Externa is a common disorder and one of the top reasons for increased vet visits.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The anti-bacterial product segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 and will retain the leading position throughout the forecast period
- This growth can be credited to the rising incidence of ear diseases in pets associated with the bacterial infection
- The topical segment is anticipated to have significant growth owing to the availability of a wide range of products and high demand for topical treatments
- The cats animal type segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 owing to increased concerns regarding the health and hygiene of cats
- The otitis externa disease segment is projected to register considerable growth as it is one of the most common and recurrent problems
Read 150 page market research report, “Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Disease Type (Otitis Externa, Otitis Media), By Product, By Mode of Administration, By Animal Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, By Grand View Research.
The COVID-19 pandemic acted as a catalyst for rapid business and economic changes. Moreover, popular trends, such as “bring your pet to work”, are also supporting the market growth. Companies operating in this market are widely accepting different approaches to treat otitis in companion animals. For instance, in April 2020, Virbac introduced Easotic, a prescription medicine specified for the topical treatment of otitis externa in canines.
The rising number of pet owners and awareness about animal health and hygiene will boost the market growth. For instance, as stated by the American Pet Products Association’s National Pet Owners Survey 2019-2020, 63.4 million U.S. households own dogs. Thus, increasing pet ownership along with growing research & development activities in animal health accelerates the market growth. For example, Dechra Pharmaceuticals spent USD 40.31 million (£28.4 million) on R&D in 2020, while USD 35.62 million (£28.4 million) in 2019. Moreover, the humanization of pets further contributes to market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global companion animal ear infection treatment market on the basis of product, disease type, mode of administration, animal type, and region:
- Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Disease Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Otitis Externa
- Otitis Media
- Otitis Interna
- Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Mode of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Animal Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
- List of Key Players of Companion Animal Ear Infection Treatment Market
- Dechra Pharmaceuticals
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Penn Veterinary Supply, Inc.
- Virbac S.A.
- Ceva Sant√© Animale
- Vedco, Inc.
Check out more studies on Companion Animal Health & Diagnostics, by Grand View Research:
- Companion Animal Health Market – Global companion animal health market size was valued at USD 18.67 billionin 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028.
- Companion Animal Postoperative Pain Management Therapeutics Market – Global companion animal postoperative pain management therapeutics market size was estimated at USD 228.90 million in 2018 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period.
- Companion Animal Diagnostics Market – Global companion animal diagnostics market size was valued at USD 2.1 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4% from 2019 to 2026.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Animal Health Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.